Sunday 4 May 2014

Relay rally 4th May 2014

Guard dog at Bickleigh

A busy Kitt hill

A refreshing cuppa

Jack at Abbotsham

An ex police bike lead all day
my gang at Bickleigh

Merv checks out the riders
Pretty well everybody just loves to be out and about on the relay
rally judging by the number of bikes I saw on my journey today
and the number checking in at our two sites, Bickleigh and
Abbotsham, course the weather helped a lot as it was a grand day,
dry roads, some sunshine, clear views and just the right amount
of cool air. We managed over 160 miles but I was told of a 150cc
Gilera which had covered 250 miles!, a very old Wolf was seen up north and down south, unforunately I don't have a picture of it though I thought I had taken one. I'm told I have to list where we went today as a member of my gang just followed enjoying the view, so our trip started at Tiverton, then
we checked in at Bickleigh to make sure Keith had everything under control, to keep himself in order he brought Di and to keep the visitors in order he brought his dog!.
We then flashed through Exeter before climbing up over Longdown to Moretonhampstead, then it was on to Two bridges and Tavistock to arrive at Kitt hill. Here they were kept very busy with a large number of riders transiting through. Our route then was on to Launceston and up the Bude road as far as Red post, here we had a spot of lunch. After another chinwag with old friends, we took off to the A39 up to give Chris and Mike something to do!. Here I made a terrible mistake!, I promised to stop on the common at Torrington if there was time, course by now we were running a bit late so I sailed past the ice cream van!, will my followers ever forget or forgive me?. After Torrington, I led the gang through Winkleigh, Copplestone and Crediton to drop down once again at Bickleigh so that Brian and Steve could check in here.
Once again I have to say that today was very much enjoyed by all I came across, my thanks go to Chris and Mike who manned Abbotsham and to Keith and Di who manned Bickleigh, also to Cyril who made the signs up, don't forget the Scrumpy run next week, please can committee members, and anyone else who can help, be at the site by 0900 to set up. See you there.