Sunday 30 April 2023

Relay rally 300423

 I’m sure many of you will have watched the weather forecasts like me as the date of the relay rally approached and will have wondered just how many would be out on the road and visit the Devon Sections checkpoint at Abbotsham. 

I left my departure until lunchtime due to the weather in Tiverton, as it turned out, although I did travel through some mist and rain, it cleared after Barnstaple and I arrived at the checkpoint in sunshine. Well done to Chris, John and Andy for manning the quite busy turnout and managing the rather tight parking availability. As is usual on these occasions, the variety of bikes turning up attracted quite a lot of attention, there were all sorts arriving, in fact two step through Hondas came just as I set off myself, another good day for everyone to enjoy.