Thursday, 27 August 2026

Evening meet 200826

 

I was just 4 miles from our evening changed venue now at the Stags Head Filleigh when the heavens opened up and I arrived drenched, John and Tony arrived just 20 minutes later perfectly dry!. The planned meet in George Nympton had to be replaced as it was found to have closed. I imagine the weather, holidays and other happenings arose to keep the usual guys turning out. A lot of discussion rested around Tony’s latest BSA Spitfire ( see photo ), which is now going ok following some work by himself, he told us that he has the larger fuel tank coming so it will look somewhat different when that happens. Fortunately, the ride back was in the dry but it is certainly getting dark earlier now and made me think about the strength of my lights. Now September 13th sees us passing the baton on to the Somerset section, details to follow in what’s app.